Film Nights at The Barbour
Film Nights are on Wednesdays, upstairs in the Billiard room
- Last Wednesday of the month except December and January (2 films in February)
- Films start at 8.00pm (doors open at 7.30pm)
- Bar and ice-creams available
- No interval, but the bar will remain open
- Pay on the door
- £5 Adults
- £4 under 18s (Children must be accompanied)
- Extra copies of the annual programme are available from the Barbour Institute, or by contacting us on 01829 771649 or email@example.com
- Please let us know if you would like an electronic copy of the programme, or email reminders.
We are always open to suggestions, and keen to enlist new helpers. If you would like to join us, please let us know.
General feedback is also welcome!
Wed 25th October 2017 ARRIVAL Cert 12A
When twelve mysterious spacecraft appear around the word, linguistics professor Louise Banks is tasked with interpreting the language of the apparent alien visitors. Starring Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner and Forrest Whittaker. Oscar Winner 2017 Best Achievement in Sound Editing.
Wed 29th November 2017 LION Cert PG
The true story of a five-year-old Indian boy who gets lost on the streets of Calcutta, thousands of miles from home.Â He survives many challenges before being adopted by a couple in Australia. 25 years later, he sets out to find his lost family. Starring Dev Patel, Nicole Kidman and Rooney Mara. Bafta Award Winner 2017 Best Supporting Actor (Dev Patel) and Best Screenplay.
17th January 2018 HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE Cert 12A
A national manhunt is ordered for a rebellious kid and his foster uncle who go missing in the wild New Zealand bush. Stars Sam Neill. Winner of the Audience Award – Edinburgh International Film Festival 2016, Wisconsin Film Festival 2016, San Francisco International Film Festival 2016, Independent Film Festival of Boston 2016.