FIRE EVACUATION PROCEDURES
If the alarm sounds:
- Leave the building quickly, in a calm and orderly manner, through the nearest available exit, closing doors behind you
- Do not stop to collect personal belongings Do not use the lift
- The Nominated Responsible Person must ensure that all people in the building are made aware of the situation and are following evacuation procedures – People with restricted mobility or understanding may need help.
- Ensure that somebody calls the emergency services (ring 999)
- The nearest public phone box is on the High Street outside the Village Stores (turn right out of this building)
The address is the Barbour Institute, High Street, Tattenhall CH3 9PX
- Call 01829 771641 (caretaker)
- If no answer, call 01829 770980
- If no answer, call 01829 770932
- If no answer, call 01829 770323
- If no answer, call 01829 770516
- If no answer, call 01829 771242
- Once outside, gather on the Millfield, by the flag pole.
- The Nominated Responsible Person should check that everyone is safely out.
- Don’t leave the immediate area until the NRP is aware that you are safe
- If someone is missing, do not return into an unsafe building, but tell the emergency services
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TACKLE A FIRE YOURSELF
- If a person is taken seriously ill, call an ambulance (999)
A First Aid kit is kept in the kitchen downstairs along with a defibrillator.
All accidents, illness and incidents (including any event when emergency services are called out) must be notified to the office.