Terms & Conditions of Hire
By hiring a room/s in the Barbour Institute, you are deemed to have read and agree to these Terms and Conditions
Policies and Procedures
- Tattenhall Community Association (TCA) has Policies and Procedures especially relating to Health and Safety, Child Protection, Supply of Alcohol and Equality and Diversity. Copies of these are on the TCA notice board, the website (barbourinstitute.co.uk), or from the Bookings Administrator.
- All events must have a Named Responsible Person (NRP) (over 18) present – who will accept responsibility for adhering to these policies and procedures. The responsibilities of the NRP are outlined in the appropriate NRP checklist (there are different checklists for different types of event)
- In particular:
- You must tell us if your event includes children, or the provision of alcohol in any form.
- Anyone booking an event is responsible for all those at that event.
- All NRPs must read the Fire Evacuation Procedure and ensure they know where the fire exits are for the room(s) they are using.
- A First Aid Box is located on the wall opposite the doorway in the Kitchen. There is also a defibrillator which has audible instructions, when opened.
- Any accident, incident, injury or ‘near miss’ must be recorded on an incident form (kept in the first aid box).
- The NRP must notify the Caretaker, Bookings Administrator or Trustee as soon as possible.
- It is recommended that the NRP should carry a mobile phone in case of any emergency.
General Terms & Conditions
- All bookings must be made through the Bookings Office, by an adult.
- The hours of hiring shall be as stated when the booking is made, and all preparation and clearing time is to be included in the hours of hiring.
- No hiring will be permitted after midnight except on New Year’s Eve or with special permission.
- The premises may only be hired for the purpose stated on the booking form.
- The hirer shall not sub-let or remove any equipment or furniture from the premises.
- The hirer shall accept liability and pay for all damage which may be done to the building or contents during the period of hire (the value of such damage being assessed by the TCA).
- The building and contents should be left in as good and clean condition as they were when you arrived.
- Only white ‘blutack’ should be used to fix anything to the walls or ceiling and care should be taken not to damage paintwork.
- No electrical fittings should be removed, altered or added to without the consent of the TCA.
- Settings on any technical equipment should be left as they were when hired.
- Any damage or breakages must be reported to the Bookings Administrator or Caretaker.
- Candles / tea-lights are not permitted on the premises
- The hirer should remove all refuse (including catering waste) created by the event, on the same day.
- Any activities which, in the opinion of the TCA, might create a hazard to other people (including risk of fire) will be stopped. Any expenses incurred will be passed onto the hirer.
- TCA shall be at liberty to enter the premises and terminate any hiring which is deemed by them to be in contravention of these Terms and Conditions, without previous notice to the hirer, and no refund of costs incurred as a result will be given.
- Any electrical equipment brought in must be used according to manufacturer’s instructions, and should carry a current PAT certificate.
- Noise levels from inside or outside the premises must not cause a nuisance to nearby residents
- Some car parking facilities are provided. Vehicles and cycles are parked at the owner’s risk and the TCA will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred whilst on TCA premises. The disabled parking bay is just for those less mobile users.
- TCA does not accept responsibility for injury to persons, or loss or damage to property of persons attending the Barbour Institute, using the car park or the Millfield.
- The NRP must ensure all lights are out, water taps are off, windows are closed, and doors closed and locked when they leave the building (unless other users are responsible for them)
- Invoices should be paid within 30 days of the date on the invoice. If we do not receive a payment within this time, we will make a charge of 10% of the outstanding amount to cover the administrative costs of sending you a reminder.
- Any deposit and full fees due must be paid according to the terms outlined on your booking form. These terms may vary according to the type of event.